Sunday, June 15, 2014

Thing 23. Evaluate 23 Mobile Things

http://23mobilethingsmn.org/the-23-things/23-evaluate-23-mobile-things/


Wow! What a ride it has been! This is one of the most interesting and helpful 'classes' I have taken in a long time!

As helpful as 23 Things on A Stick was several years ago in introducing me to Facebook, Flickr, Del.ici.ous and others, this has been even more helpful in teaching me about apps for mobile devices.

It's amazing to think we knew we were cutting edge then, when this seems even moreso. I had a working knowledge and experience with many of those sites before my much-cooler-than-I teens were!
Am I ramped up in my coolness factor again? I'll have to test the app-ability of my now-young-adults!

What 23 things will we learn in another five years? One can only speculate.

I'd like to thank those of you who went to all the effort and hard work to put this together for us librarians. We have busy work lives. Budget cuts have made them even busier. Yet, we still strive to keep ahead of the learning curve so we can help our patrons to the best of our abilities. You folks have made this easier for me, and I appreciate it.

We have patrons who use the Overdrive app, which tells me we have patrons who have mobile devices. That knowledge makes me realize that I can now add apps to the repertoire of offerings I give to our patrons for research, learning, and entertainment purposes. Thank you for equipping me to do my job better! :)

Au revoir, until the next 23 Things...


No comments:

Post a Comment