Saturday, May 10, 2014

Thing 5: Notetaking

http://23mobilethingsmn.org/the-23-things/5-notetaking/


I like the idea of having different types of note-taking apps. We all learn and organise differently, so it's fun to check out the ones for verbal people (Dragon Diction for Apple), the people who prefer handwriting to typing (Bamboo Paper), and of course those list makers (Springpad). I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the choices, and find myself gravitating towards the old and tried (the plain old notes app on my iPhone, or the tasks list within my gmail account.)

When I'm writing a task list, the last thing I want to do is learn how to USE a task list. I just want to jot down my ideas on a real or virtual piece of paper!
Also, I want something that is EASY that will sync with my calendar, etc., which is what is so great about using google.
However, I did try the Bamboo Paper bamboo paper
I must be a neat freak, though, because although I LOVE to write by hand on regular paper (pencils are best-a good one just glides across the paper), I really don't like it on a mobile device. It is just not neat enough or physically conducive to doing so with any comfort.

I did not try Dragon Diction dragon dictation, although it's a great concept for some (speech to text). I just don't like talking that much! Plus, during dictation, I find I do a lot of 'uh's and 'um's.

Springpad  springpad   reminds me a lot of Pinterest, which tends to get information-overloaded and out of hand for me.
So, while those are all AWESOME apps for certain people, and even I would get better at them with practice, I will just stick with the simple list making apps I already use.

No comments:

Post a Comment