Saturday, May 10, 2014

Thing 3: Utilities

http://23mobilethingsmn.org/the-23-things/3-utilities/


I didn't find this section on utilities so helpful. However, I know they could only choose a few to profile. I have used Wi-Fi Finder, and have found it helpful when I'm out and about. I like the concept of the iHome Sleep app (which, despite its name, is for both Apple and Android), and the StandApp is cool for those who sit a lot and could use a reminder to get up and stretch those legs.

Personally, I  like and use the Errands To Do List app, created by David Mandell of Yoctoville. It is a high quality, stable, regularly updated app and has been free so far. I love the unusual alarm tones!
The developer asks for donations, and I think he deserves them, this app is so good!

He also has three other great apps that have the same level of quality and great customer service.

I also found of interest the human story behind a web developer's life, something we don't always think about. This fellow lives an interesting nomadic life, traveling in a camper van with his computer and his dog, Buddha. Read his story here and follow his blog here.

ErrandsIcon.png  Errands

1 comment:

  1. Try https://www.appotek.com/. It will not only remind you to take your medication, but your doctor will be aware how treatment is going. I think it is really convinient.

    ReplyDelete